Chiari Malformation Community

Chiari specialists in NJ

Hi- I am totally new to this and have not been officially diagnosed but have been to a number of other docs. Does anyone know of a Chiari specialist in NJ? Also I came across a neurosurgeon who does specialize but will not see me without reviewing an up to date MRI first- Do you recommend just getting a regular MRI of my head and neck or should I try to get a CINE one?
COMMUNITY LEADER

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

A reg MRI of the cervical spine and brain should be good to start....as a tip- always ask for copies of the MRI and the reports, this will help expedite getting opinions from other Drs...

We do have a list of Drs in our Health Pages...there is a thread that will link you to the list and the thread acts as a means for members to add names of Drs not on the list...we ask they only be added once you have been to, treated by and liked the Dr...AND our list is not a referral nor an endorsement for those listed, it is merely a tool to help get you started researching Drs.

I will bump the thread up for you....