Chiari Malformation Community

MONDAY'S RANT~

Rainy days and Mondays always get me down"
          .....so lets rant all day Monday- each Monday a different topic!!
                     Idea's for rants...ur NS, ur NL, ur PCP, ur meds, family and friends...the list is endless......

........ post ur rant and get it out of ur system and enjoy the rest of the week!!
I like the idea! S just call my lattest rant a pre-monday rant.    LOL
COMMUNITY LEADER

We used to do this weekly and I am trying it again...we have a diff thread for each day of the week....

My rant this week would be about my EDS dislocations...my middle finger on my right had dislocated the other day, only I was unaware that is what happened at first...I thought I jammed my finger while hiking up my pants...lol....and later could not do a thing with my right hand, not even lift a glass....my finger hurt so bad...finally the chiari fog cleared and I figured it might be a dislocation and I grabbed hold of the finger and pulled till it popped...what a relief...it was sore for quite a while afterward...and I hope I don't forget how that felt and know to pull my finger sooner...lol....
COMMUNITY LEADER

Well I am going to rant about HA's.. as I am getting them every time I try to do nething lately...ever since the temps started getting cooler ...I hope it is until the weather gets cold and stays cold...right now I am not liking this.
Same thing has been happening to me. It's difficult to study because of the head/back/neck aches and concentration problems. so annoying! I usually just sit in bed when i'm not in class or getting groceries. what a great college experience! :/
COMMUNITY LEADER

I have been doing a bit of research and feel my issue may be low levels of magnesium....I posted some of the symptoms in ChiariWolfs thread.....

I thought since this started with the change of the seasons that it was weather related, but now I think it is the magnesium....as I was already suspecting it for another issue I was having with vitamin D.....

"selma"
I am wanting to rant about Monday today because I had a up and down Monday.  I did really well this morning with the sun shining and a nice walk with my cousin.  Then by this evening I have had such a mirgraine HA that it has made me sick to my stomach.  It's awful to feel this way.  Oh,  but then I am reasurred.  "It's only because it is Monday".  Tomorrow has to be a better day.  Good day's.  Bad day's.  I just want an alright day.

COMMUNITY LEADER

Praying ur alright days r close by....
COMMUNITY LEADER

my rant for this Monday is, having to continue to deal with the aftermath of the gas explosion...we r still having to deal with this and now in the midst of a lawsuit..ugh...first meeting is Wednesday.....
My Monday rant:
I want to go to a health care provider and have someone actually care that I am suffering and that my quality of life ***** and that the people I love are suffering because of it!
I am sick of feeling like I am in court instead of a doctors office. I am not asking for pain pills, why would I make this up?
And for God's sake.. SLOW DOWN...I know time is money and you want to see as many patients as possible but I have to tell Ms. Nurse, no matter how fast you walk down the hall or ask me questions I can only go as fast as I can, and think as fast as I can.
COMMUNITY LEADER

I know what u mean with getting the quick brush out the door, u mention one thing and they go ok take this and see u in a few weeks...and I go, but I'm not done listing my issues yet....ugh

Where have all the good Drs gone?
COMMUNITY LEADER

This week I will rant about something I have no control over...time, it is going way too fast, b4 I know it it will be spring, how can I get ready for Christmas at this rate....lol...????
I agree.. time goes way too fast especially when you are approaching Christmas!  Especially when you have to add in the days you don't feel well, I think that is just an added bonus with our time going too fast!  
COMMUNITY LEADER

U could be right...I plan to do this and that and lose days here and there and b4 I know it I am plum out of time...lol....it just goes too fast, I can 't seam to get my family to help me start sooner, they look at me like I am crazy and say there is enuff time...except to try and do it in the time frame they do things is way too much for me and I can't get it done.....
COMMUNITY LEADER

This weeks rant...well I was thinking about complaining how fast time goes,but looked to see what I posted last week...uh same thing...great chiari brain I have..lol...at least on here I can look to see what I said, when I am with others there is not written transcripts to refer to  .....lol...
I want rant against GERD. I had two BD party to attend with my kids today and could not refrain myself from going to the buffet tables :-(
And tonight my acid reflux are acting up realy badly :-(
COMMUNITY LEADER

I hear u on that one, do u have meds for GERD?....it is best to take 1 hr b4  u r going to eat something u know will cause ur GERD to flare up...

or take it right after u r done eating.....

Elevate the head of ur bed, it can help.....and remember moderation.
COMMUNITY LEADER

This week's rant...hmmmm.....well I guess it will have to be holiday shopping is upon us and I hate to go to the mall  or the stores....I will be making gifts again this yr....

Anyone else hate shopping as much as I do?
My rant is about the rude neuro office here in kc that did not want to answer any of my questions ... I know Gods way to push me to specialist ... And having to wait for answers.  I am a total type a and I need all the details.
Oh and your so called friends that don't even call after they find out something is wrong...
I must admit that I like to shop if I can go on quiet days and just poke around and find the "right" thing!  I hate shopping for something I can't find or for just the need of having a gift!  Shopping is much harder now that driving bothers me so some days I have a headache before I even get where I am going.  Then looking around really completes the headache.  I look forward to a day when my head wants to behave!  
I hate shoping! Most likely clothing. My hubby as a Chrismas party and its ''mendatory'' to attend! And I need to find something to wear. I hope its one of my good evening and I wont forget to bring my ears plugs because of the music.

I want to rant against my compresive stoking. They cut my ankles and knees and they slide down my thight!!!!
COMMUNITY LEADER

Well I hate crowds and admit if I can get in and get out I am happy, but that does not happen all that often  and the other issue besides all the walking is the florescent lights.....If I didn't have a HA going in, I get one as soon as I am in the store....
COMMUNITY LEADER

Hmmmmmmm rant this week....would have to be that even post op I can not enjoy a night out at a restaurant with a darkened atmosphere and a live band playing...the lights throw off my balance, but more my vision...and the loud music and everyone yelling trying to have a convo,, not fun....food was good tho : )
COMMUNITY LEADER

hmmm no rants today?...well I am sewing my stockings and I have red fuzz all over,..it is getting in my nose,...lol...it is itching me.....I will be happy when these are done, but DD picked out burlap for her tree skirt, that has a lot of fuzz coming off it and is itchy as well,fun......can't wait to hope in the shower later.,.....