Chiari Malformation Community

Mayo clinic

Hi my name is Keegan I'm a 20 year old male from Michigan. I was diagnosed with type I Chiari and two syrinx's In my spinal chord. I'm sure along with a lot of you I am very nervous for my surgery date. I'm in the process of getting an appointment date set at the mayo clinic in Minnesota. I was curious if any of you have been there for this problem and what surgeon you had with suggestions as to who I should request.

Thankyou all in advance!
                            Keegan
COMMUNITY LEADER

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

The Dr you choose is key with this condition, finding one that is well informed and experience with Chiari and ALL related conditions.

It can be frustrating as well as scary....as it is uncharted waters for us....a condition most never heard of b4 being told we have it...and you have 2 Chiari and Syringomyelia (syrinx).

Many of us do have to travel to find the right Dr....one that focuses on Chiari and related conditions instead of just one of the many issues they treat....

Here is the list of Dr for your area...use this to research the Drs....as the list is not a referral nor an endorsement of those listed on it.. The list was compiled by the members here of Drs they have been to, treated by and liked Use this list to do research on the Drs and this condition and ALL related conditions as they can affect the outcome of surgery should you move forward with it.

Know that you are not alone.