Chiari Malformation Community

Praying for no shunt

Not so much a question. Just an update. As I said earlier my leak was found and I had a targeted blood patch done on Friday. They had to go in through the lumbar and run a cath up to the thoracic and inject the blood that way. Not very comfortable but they made me as pain free as possible

He noticed prior to this that I didn’t have the spontaneous venous pulsations in either eye so it’s assumed that the leak was from the high pressure and it forced its way out.

I’m also on diamox to help lessen the pressure and I’m hoping this works. Next step will be a shunt and I sure don’t want that.....
COMMUNITY LEADER
Hi KerriC...prayers this works and a shunt is not needed.

Keep us posted.