Update since starting diamox

SG2
Hi all,

Well it's been almost 2 months since I started the diamox after being diagnosed with (acquired) chiari 0.  It's helped a lot.  Prior to starting it, I had a headache every day since the end of December.  I now get one like once to twice a week (prolonged).  I was also prescribed fiorcet for pain, but I don't find that it helps much when I do get the headaches.  The hearing in my left ear has also returned somewhat.  The diamox seems to be relieving pressure inside the skull enough to let that happen!  I am very happy about this.  :)

Recently though, (past cpl weeks), I've been getting these sharp stabbing pains on the left side of my head that do not last but a few min.  They will happen several times a day. They are bad enough to stop me in my tracks until the pain passes.  My neck still hurts too, and I'm also feeling pain on my scalp?  It's so tender, I don't even want to wash/comb my hair and wearing a ponytail is excruciating.  

I'm not sure what to make of this so I've called both TCI and my local neurologist to see what they think, waiting for a return call.  

Overall, I am pleased with how the diamox has helped and I hope it continues.  I am very happy I got to get in to TCI and am finally feeling some relief.  
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
COMMUNITY LEADER

Hi, what a great update, so glad the meds r working for u. Diamox is use for excess CSF and it seems that was ur issue, since it is helping.

I hope u hear back as to the other issues ur having and the Drs can offer some suggestions.

Keep us posted : )
Helpful - 0
So happy to hear you found something that helped with the HA's.  Also hope you hear from the Dr's and get the answers you are seeking.
Linda :)
Helpful - 0
Thanks foe ur update...i am happy that medicine only found u some relief ;))
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chiari Malformation Community