Aa
A
A
A
Close
Chiari Malformation Community
5.18k Members

What can I really expect after surgery?

I am still trying to decide if I should do this. If you have had the surgery, please tell me the real story- not the canned answers that the doctors (who have NOT had the surgery) dish out  My symptoms are getting worse. I also have Aspergers so I have no friends and no relatives to help me post-op. I live near two great hospitals and would have the surgery at the Cleveland Clinic. I am 55,not getting any younger, and my neurological symptoms could make keeping a job difficult if they get much worse. So- think I can do this alone?
1 Responses
620923 tn?1452919248
COMMUNITY LEADER

Hi and welcome to the Chiari forum.

No.....I do not think u can do this alone....many Drs will tell u that u will need X number of weeks to heal and then u can return to work...it can take more like months...especially if they have not ruled out ALL related conditions as they  can affect how u feel and heal post op.

Plus, u can not over do it post op or u will develop set backs.

With the set backs in mind, I am not sure how u can do this without help.

Feel free once u accept my friend request to read my journal on my surgical experience.....Keep in mind we r all different and will have a different experience....having the right Dr, and knowing ALL those related conditions were ruled out is key,
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
987762 tn?1331031553
Australia
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease