Aa
A
A
A
Close
Chiari Malformation Community
5.19k Members
1285653 tn?1288362229

What medicines are you currently taking to treat Chiari?

What medicines are you currently taking to treat Chiari?

This was posted in 2009; however, I am curious what the newbies are taking. Please let me know if I should add or delete some of the choices. Thanks.
50 Responses
847512 tn?1272570662
I also am taking flexeril, nortryptoline, and advil with my percocet
I take aleve on days I am achy. Then flexeril in the evening bedtime to help relax to sleep. I tried lidocain patches but they didn't work. Massage therapy has helped so much twice a week with strengthening exercises.
1314344 tn?1274847021
Neurontin for tingling everywhere especially facial pain - helps me sleep a little better

Oxycarbazepine for strong tingling - makes me dopey at work so I don't take it very often

Imitrex for headaches & eye aches - I don't think it works

Over-the-counter sleeping pills because of nerve pain preventing me from falling asleep
1314344 tn?1274847021
Also, I tried Lyrica at first but it kept me awake in a weird buzzed-like trance, and I couldn't walk straight & couldn't tell which way was up.
1179332 tn?1297482590
Hmmm...I actually was thinking of try ing Lyrica instead of Gabapentin b/c I was told that it had less side effects than Gabapentin. It looks like the opposite thing happened with you? I am thinking of trialing Lyrica soon...any comments would be appreciated.

Carolyn
I'm on Valium for unsteadiness and Compazine for nausea.  Nothing really works for my headaches, I just take Tylenol and cross my fingers.  My dr recently prescribed Acetazolamide but I have not started it yet.  This medicine reduces your CSF so I'm very curious to try it.
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
987762 tn?1331031553
Australia
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease