Chiari Malformation Community

pregnancy after decompression

Hello! I am wondering if there are any ladies in this forum who have had babies after decompression surgery? I am particularly wondering what your experiences were with either natural birth, epidural, spinal block c-section?? Please share your birth stories!

COMMUNITY LEADER

Hi and welcome back !!

I know we have had this topic come up b4.....and I know some Drs will prefer you to go with the C-section....but do make sure your OBGYN knows all about Chiari and the surgery you have had...as I have heard a few that after childbirth are getting symptoms back.....to minimize the possibility, is why Drs suggest a C-section.

Just the changes your body will go thru can trigger some symptoms to return, if just during a portion of the pregnancy....

I had my daughter b4 my DX so I can not give my personal experiences on this.... I am sure others will share theirs.