Aa
A
A
A
Close
Chiari Malformation Community
5.18k Members

surgery update

Hi guys,  surgery was monday and I came home yesterday.  I had the tonsils removed, vertebre cut and duration patch put in.  Its still early but I have no loss of motor function for those worried about removing those tonsils.   I wont lie the neck pain is there but heck the neck muscles were just just cut.  So all is well and I am taking it one day at a time.  Thanks for all the prayers.  God bless-mel
14 Responses
620923 tn?1452919248
COMMUNITY LEADER

Thank you for the update....keep on ur med schedule, move ur neck to help avoid tight muscles and scar tissue....and rest, rest and then rest some more.

Looking forward to more updates on ur progress <3
9432311 tn?1432828685
I am happy that everything went well for you. You are strong and brave to post so soon. I am doing things to prepare for my own surgery on the 29th. I hope your motor function continues to be well into the rest of your recovery.
Wow I can't believe your posting already I'm glad your doing alright!  Take care of yourself thanks for updating us!
9432311 tn?1432828685
You have been home a couple days now, and is was wondering how you feel today. How is your mobility and strength level.
Hi there,  mobility and strength are great.  Nausea and heartburn are horrible.
620923 tn?1452919248
COMMUNITY LEADER

May I ask what you are taking for the nausea and heartburn? If you did not have the heartburn b4 surgery it could be the result of all the meds used during  surgery and after for pain....

Talk to your Dr about something to help with the nausea and heartburn.

I also hope they have you on a stool softener too...as sometimes being delayed on emptying can also cause nausea and heartburn symptoms.....
9432311 tn?1432828685
We are all thinking about you and hoping for a relief to your heartburn and nausea. How well I, myself, am acquainted with nausea. It's the thing I fear while I am teaching - that I will be unable to control the urge to vomit.  And, as everyone knows, kids can be cruel.

We will continue to think about you during your recovery.
Hi Selma,  I did have issues with heartburn before surgery.  But tge meds have Madeira much worse for sure.  I talked to my ns and we stopped yhe motrin to see if that helps.  I keep taking zantac to see if that will help.  My dad read that taking a teaspoon of vinegar im water helps too.  I am desperate and just might try it.  My ns believes the norco is causing nausea.  Since I cant stop that yet she gave me zofran to help.   I will pick it up later today.   Other than that my worst symptom is headaches.  Never had much pre op so praying they will continue to go away...cause they hurt.  Thanks everyone!
Hi there. ..you will do great for surgery.  I wont lie its not pain free.  But we Christians are use to pain aren't we.  The day of surgery proved the hardest for.  But each day gets better truly.  Go slow and be patient.  I have little kids at home so hard to find a balance.  Keep in your faith before surgery cause He u s what got me thru the fears.  God bless
620923 tn?1452919248
COMMUNITY LEADER

Taking vinegar is only adding more acid so that is not really a help if you have too much already the only way it helps is if the person has too little acid and has reflux bcuz of that...the symptoms are the same....high or low acid so it is important to know which is the issue b4 you try different meds or home remedies....

Try to modify your diet and make sure your bowel is regular if need be take a stool softener as that will also help reduce reflux.

7489440 tn?1442011976
So glad the surgery went great. I hope your recovery runs smoothly for you. May you heal with out to much pain.:-)
Hi there,  I am doing well thank you.  Some days have been harder than others.  It seems my body does not like narcotics at all.  Has done a number on my stomach.  I tried probiotics and qiut taking all narcotics.  That combo is helping get my gut functioning again.  Thanks for the well wishes
Have an Answer?
Top Neurology Answerers
620923 tn?1452919248
Allentown, PA
987762 tn?1331031553
Australia
1756321 tn?1547098925
Queensland, Australia
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out how beta-blocker eye drops show promising results for acute migraine relief.
In this special Missouri Medicine report, doctors examine advances in diagnosis and treatment of this devastating and costly neurodegenerative disease.
Here are 12 simple – and fun! – ways to boost your brainpower.
Discover some of the causes of dizziness and how to treat it.
Discover the common causes of headaches and how to treat headache pain.
Two of the largest studies on Alzheimer’s have yielded new clues about the disease