I have been diagnosed this week with Chiari Malformation at 17mm. my neurologist is 50% sure it is what is causing my headaches and I will be having a consultation for the surgery on Monday. I'm really hoping for the surgery and am afraid if they decline me. I am planning on cutting my hair short for the procedure, I know its not necessary but have read about the scalp hurting afterwards and am wishing to avoid that.
would they postpone the surgery due to the fact I am recovering from bronchitis? I only have the lingering cough now.