6 year old still peeing his pants

I have a 6yr old son who daily wets his pants. He says he cant feel it when it happens but other times he does get the urge to pee. We have taken him to his dr & 2 specialists as well who did tests and all say nothing is wrong. Said he would out grow it before he started 1st grade but he didnt. He does all his own laundry as a natural consiquence. We thought it could be a mental health issue & had him evaluated only to hear he is a " bright, well rounded young man". We have him pee every 2 hours but he will wet his pants in the mean time. At least 2 times a day. What should I do next? Is their something else to test for?
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
I have a 5yr old daughter that is doing everything that boy is doing. Do you have any suggestion on her, because i have tried everything and she actually likes wearing pull ups at night. My daughter nows when she has to go, she just doesnt want to stop what she is doing most of the time to go potty. Her dad ( not together) will put her in a pull up all day and night, and if she does have an accident he thinks its funny. A friend of mine puts her daughter in a luck warm shower with clothes on and then has her take clothes off n shower, and then she takes an actual shower, if she pee's her pants. Please help me on this I am at my last rope with Ideas?
Thank you
Helpful - 0
I am having this problem with my 6 year old daughter and I don't know what to do either.  She never had any issues in Kindergarten and she pees in her pants daily but only at school.  I have spoken with her teacher and asked if they are allowed to go and she advises me that they are allowed when they ask however she still is doing it, when I ask her she give me several answers.  She states she waited to long, that she was not allowed to go, and she if give me because I pee my pants.  I have spoken with her several times and adivsed her don't wait so long, as soon as you have to go ask.  I have had this conversion several times with her.  I have also tried to take away things she likes doing and even advised her that I am going to put in in pull -ups because I don't know what else to do myself.  
Helpful - 0
My 3 years old daughter, unable to hold the pee pressure. She sometimes tells about pee but not give time to go rest room.

Is this normal at this age? Please give me some suggestions.
Helpful - 0
My 6 year old grandson is having accidents few times a day and also at night.  It is frustrating and I worry about him being teased in school.  The urine also has very strong odor so it is hard for him to hide it.  He has been with me for 2 weeks now and I'm taking him to the doctor to see if he has some infection as that might be dangerous.

I don't shame him I think that might make it worse and he is not doing this to irritate me.  I send him to the br every hour even if he says he doesn't need to he can always squeeze a few drops.  I talk to him about it and tell him that he can learn to control it by going all the time.  I believe that it will happen just like he's learning to read.  Slowly everyday with our effort.
Helpful - 0
My 5 year old boy doe's this too.   Not sure how to make it stop. He started school this year and in the last week we peed his pants 3 times thats the 1st at school.  He can be shy too but I told him to just get up and go, that the teacher won't mind.  He doe's it sometimes at home too.    His teacher seems to not understand either and I get very upset with it all.  How can I stop it, have you came up with anything yet. Let me know.  Thanks
Helpful - 0
My son is 7 years old. He was potty trained when he was about 3. For the past 2 or 3 years he has been wetting his pants everyday. Not full on peeing like dripping down his leg but I can see in his pants that there is a wet spot and I know he has to feel it or smell it lol. He is aware of it and I have talked to him and punished him several times he akways says that he was just trying to hold it and knew the whole time that he was wet. It is alwats when he is playing or doing something like he just is being lazy and tries to wait as ling as he can.. he knows I am going to find out I have tried everything!! I do not know what to do anymore I am afraid to send him to friends houses cause I know that he will do it there and it will stink and you can see it, please any advice on this. also he never has a problem with it at night he wakes up and goes
!!
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Child Behavior Community