Child Behavior Forum

7 yr. old behavior

Okay I have a 7yr. old son in the second grade and he's constantly staying in trouble for talking too much and staying out of his seat.  I whoop him and take all toys away from him but that's not working.  He makes all A's and has perfect attendance but I don't know why he's constantly in trouble for talking.  Please help!
I have two suggestions for you. First, arrange an evaluation for Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder - his symptoms, in your brief description, point in that direction. Second, your behavior management skills need improvement. Read Lynn Clark's book SOS Help for Parents and follow the methods he delineates (see www.sosprograms.com).
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments