Aa
Aa
A
A
A
Close

8 year old girl

I have to start off with WOW! I can truly say that all these stories are similar to mine. Things are defiantly out of control with my 8 year old girl. I’ll give some examples to begin with: First time going to daycare at the age of 4 she spit in the teachers face and kicked her in the leg, tares up her work and refuse to do it, loves being in control/boss; fighting constantly with students and little sister and big brother; lies all the time; steals from siblings and students from school; talks back; disrespectful to my self and teachers; gets bad notes everyday if not every other day and then states (always) the teacher is lying; has been sent to the principles office tons of times,  has already gotten (ISS) a in school suspension; very hateful and negative; refuses to do (anything) when being told to do it. She has been tested at the age of 7 for ADD and other behavior problems. Nothing! She goes counseling at school for the last 3 years, we went to out of school counseling for about 6 months, nothing! When attempting to discipline her she goes ballistic, runs around (Don’t beat me mom, your hurting me…screaming) before I even begin. She goes so wild before anything has happen that she makes her nose bleed. I have given up on spankings. We try taking away toys, TV, listening to the radio, going special places; we even tried taking everything out of her room for her to only have her bed for 3 months. She is a drama queen! When Christmas comes around she states that she doesn’t believe in Santa, this started when she was about 5. She tells my little one that it’s a lying old man dressed in a suit, I eat the cookies, I buy and wrap the presents and the letters from Santa (me) are written from me. I took her to Disney on Ice, the princess came out, (got very quit) she stood up and yelled at her and stated that she was a fake, it was all “fake” over and over. When attempting to quit her down, she of course screamed “mommy don’t pinch me, stop beating me” when I didn’t even do anything. She also tells me that if I touch her she will call the police and tell them that I beat her so that they can take me away. In the past I have had several arguments with my mother because my girl would go and tell her that I punched her back, pulled her hair and slapped her in the face, and I have/would never do that, Until my mother moved in with me 3 years ago she is now a victim of the constant lying that goes on. I feel that this can end up really bad on my end. It’s very rare that she has a good day. I don’t know if this behavior is because she is the middle child. I know that she wants attention but is getting the wrong kind (bad attention). But as they say “any attention is better then no attention”. I would love some input on this from anyone!! I feel like I’m lost, like a horrible mother, like I failed. I would love to have a normal relationship with me daughter. I feel like she is missing out on so many things.

This discussion is related to My 8 year olds behavior problems help.
0 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest

You are reading content posted in the Child Behavior Community

Top Children's Health Answerers
189897 tn?1441126518
San Pedro, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments