Child Behavior Community

Aspergers and ADD?

I have a 4 year old step son who displays many of the implusivity parts of ADD and several of the symptoms of Aspergers, such as hand flapping and fixation or mild obessions with things in which he has knowledge of. Can ADD and Aspergers be combined? How many symptoms of Aspergers does a child need to be "defined" as Autistic?
Actually,  the diagnosis of "Asperger's" is going away.  The DSM V,  I believe,   has removed the diagnosis and is now lumping all Asperger's kids in with autism.

You can read paragraph 5 here in this article for a clear explanation of the change.  A child who was once diagnosed as having Asperger's or PDD-NOS will now be diagnosed with Autism,  and those two former diagnoses will no longer be used.