Child Behavior Forum

Babies and Depression.

I am not sure if you can help me, but i am curious... If two people married who suffered from OCD and Major Depression-- and one person recovered-- and these people had children, what would be the likelyhood that their child would suffer from OCD/Depression as well.  Bi-Polar runs on both sides of the family, too.  Would it be "smarter" for the couple to not have children?... for the sake of the child? i don't think genetic counseling would help this couple.

thank you.
There is certainly a chance that a child might develop a mood or anxiety disorder, but it would not be reasonable for me to assert that the couple should not have children on this basis.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments