Child Behavior Forum

Bedtime Troubles

Why doesn't my six year old son want to go to bed in his bedroom? We go into his bedroom at 8:30, read 2 stories, say goodnight with a hug and a kiss and then it starts. He begs and pleads with me to let him sleep on the couch. I have asked him why he doesn't want to sleep in his bed, and he just keeps saying because he doen't want to and to please let him sleep on the couch. After calmly speaking with him through his tears and pleads, he will finally fall alseep I think out of sheer exhaustion from cying. However, he will eventually make his way to the couch in the middle of the night because without fail I will find him there when I wake up the next morning at 7am. .
Some children experience fears at night and generally there is not a specific reason for the fear. You are doing fine by having him fall asleep in his own room. There's really nothing you can do when he wakes during the night and proceeds to the couch. Over time he will stay asleep through the night. Right now, let it go and keep doing what you are doing.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments