Child Behavior Forum

Behavior and disipline

My 11 year old adhd child has been lieing & stealing he is now out of school for 45 day I need some advice on how to disipline him and how I can get through to him to make him understand the seriousness of his actions Thank You
You should probably consult with a behavioral health professional in order to obtain additional assessment as well as consultation around behavior management. However, a useful book about behavior management is Lynn Clark's SOS: Help for Children. Lying and stealing are not necessarily associated with children who display ADHD, and you are likely seeing a co-morbid condition in your son. That is, your son likely displays an emotional disorder alongside his ADHD.
A related discussion, how can I help my 8year to stop lying and stealing? was started.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments