Avatar universal

Conversion Disorder Washington State

We are looking for resources for a 9 year old who has been tentatively diagnosed with Conversion Disorder. I have called around to physical therapists, neurologists, psychologists and it doesn't seem like anybody has experience with this.  Does anyone know of someone with experience in Washington State??
2 Responses
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
12099710 tn?1423423420
Mental Health America, National Alliance for Mental Illness (NAMI), MH Self Help are all organizations that have resources which could help. Give them a call and they can provide point you in the right direction of what's available locally.
Helpful - 0
189897 tn?1441126518
   In reading up on Conversion Disorder, I think that looking for a psychiatrist to help would be worth the effort.  A second opinion might also be a good idea.  I am assuming that a psychologist made the assessment?
Helpful - 0
Have an Answer?

You are reading content posted in the Child Behavior Community

Top Children's Health Answerers
189897 tn?1441126518
San Pedro, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments