Child Behavior Forum

Could I be at risk?

Hi! I didn't really know which topic to put this under. Ok well im 14 and i suffer from depression. I plan to grow up and have a husband and someday some kids. But ever since the Andrea Yates case i've been afraid to. Since i have depression as a teen would i be more vonurable to get post - pardom depression or physicosis after i have a child??
It is fair to say that anyone who displays a depressive disorder prior to delivery of a child is more at risk of post partum depression than is a person with no history of depression. But post partum depression is treatable, and there's no reason to let worry about it interfere with your plans for a family. Remember that Andrea Yates' treatment had been interrupted - if her treatment had continued it is probable that the tragedy would never have occurred. Depression is a treatable condition, and most people who display it lead normal, productive lives. Treatment is the key.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments