Child Behavior Forum

Depo while pregnant

My Name is Tashianna wickett and i am 18 years old. I have a 3 year old daughter name Kyrianna Wickett. when i was 14 years old i went ot the clinic and they gave me a birth control shot while i was pregnant.  A doctor diagnosed my daughter with schizencephaly and for 2 years i have struggled trying to cope and deal with the pains and struggles that my daughter go threw. all that time my mind was set on maybe i did something wrong. now That shes older im realizing that she does not have all of the symptom of schizencephaly. My question is could it be the side effect of the birth control
You should discuss this with your OB/GYN doctor, but I believe the risk associated with becoming pregnant while the Depo Provera injection (a synthetic form of progesterone) is active is prermature birth, not birth defects or fetal abnormalities. Shizencephaly, as you likely know, is a pretty rare developmental disorder. It can be caused by toxins, by medications taken by the mother, or other environmental influences. To my knowledge (but you should chack this with your doctor) it is not associated with use of Depo Provera.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments