Child Behavior Community

Grand Child

My granddaughter Maddy, turned 3 years old on June 11th of this year....She does not seem me that much, only a few times every couple of weeks....lately I have noticed when she is over, she does not want anything to do with me, she will play with my boyfriend or my daughters or other kids but she does not want to sit by me, or play ball with me or have anything to do with me...this hurts me b/c I adore her...but I won't take it out on her...I try to allow her to be herself....This is my sons daughter and my son and his wife lived with his wife's family for the first 2 1/2 years of Maddys life so she is very close to her mothers side of the family....I am not sure if she behaves this way with her other grandmother or not...or others...but I was wondering if someone could maybe explain to me or give me some input of why she would behave this way towards me....Thank you Omee
Hey maybe she's just having fun playing with the other kids.  
If you want to be closer to her you probably should schedule some quality alone time together once a week or so.  Take her out somewhere special to eat or play.  
Just a thought,
Good Luck!