Child Behavior Forum

Metabolic Acidosis

Normal child 5 year old got ill with infection in her mouth for three days she was not eating just drinking fluid. Dr. perscribed amoxicllin and magic mouthwash. Fourth day child felt weak and pupils moving upward. Went to the emergency room diagnosed with respiratory distress and metabolic acidosis. However they do not know where the acidosis came from or why she became this way. 12 day in the hospital child still weak, unable to stool unless given malox, and feeding tube through her nose. What should i expect? I am not getting anywhere. They keep doing test. Can you help me. plz email me pal_gyal***@****
I regret that I cannot help you with this question. My expertise is in the areas of chilhood and adolescent emotional disorders and developmental concerns, not medical conditions.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments