Child Behavior Community
14.3k Members
Avatar universal

Possible Child Abuse Advice Needed

I need some advice. It's just come out that a 12 year old boy was playing with his 7 year old niece and they played 'sex'. They didn't go all the way through with it, but they laid on top of each other.

Time has passed and they are now 28 and 23. The boy / man has not done anything since but the girl feels like her childhood was ruined.

What's the best way forward?
5 Responses
5914096 tn?1399918987
Mental health counseling for your niece would be advisable.  If you are suggesting legal action, I think that time, his age at the time, and statue of limitations will work against you.
Avatar universal
What would you say is the best option for the man - it is him who's come forward but he's not sure what to do.
5914096 tn?1399918987
I'm not sure that I understand your question.  Can you please elaborate?
Avatar universal
It's the man who has brought this up. He is worried what effect is has on him now an adult. What's the next best step to take?
5914096 tn?1399918987
Are you referring to the 12 year old boy in your post who now is an adult?  What is he worried about ie. legal action, emotional, etc...?  I'm not sure what you mean by:

'What's the next best step to take?'

It is best for you to be clear and detailed in your post so that we know exactly what you are talking about and want answers to so that we don't have to go back and forth with questions.
Have an Answer?
Top Children's Health Answerers
189897 tn?1441126518
San Pedro, CA
Learn About Top Answerers
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments