Same Sex Crush

My 3rd grade son told me he was afraid he was gay because when "Jason" came around at school he got butterflies in his stomach.  We talked about it for a while and I explained that he was a little to young to be gay or not gay, he was just a little boy and he would figure it out as he got older.  My question is......... Are same sex crushes normal at that age?  I can remember as a girl, having friends who I thought were pretty and I wanted to be around but honestly I dont remember what I felt that long ago.
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
Your guidance to your son was right on target. As he gets into late pre-adolescence and early adolescence he will begin to feel what is typically regarded as sexual attractions. Before the onset of puberty it is nearly impossible to characterize the attractions children feel.