Child Behavior Forum

Toddlers losing weight

Hello I need any ones help or advise I have a one year old and at the end of feb my son started losing weight. He started out at gaining weight just great he was 28 pounds and I just took him to the Dr. yesterday and he is now down to 21 pounds 12 ounces. I am really scared and I don't know what to do they did blood work but everything came back norm. He eats and drinks like a horse. PLEASE help...................Thanks Weired Mother
This pattern of weight loss deserves further investigation. Speak again with the pediatrician and tell him/her you want to know what options are available. Perhaps he will be seen by an endocrinologist. To lose one quarter of his weight is a cause for concern.
ok and what if you have seen a dr for it and they said he is just fine.
Request a second opinion.
My granddaughter is also losing weight despite a concerted effort to increase her caloric intake (half and half in her cereal, ensure, etc.).  Doctor will run a fast blood sugar so diabetes is a possible diagnosis, What are some other differential diagnoses for which we should be testing?  There are a lot of autoimmune diseases on both sides of the family. Any suggestion areas to rule out would be helpful.
my%2Bson%2Bwas%2Bthe%2Bsame%2Bway%2Band%2Bit%2Bturned%2Bout%2Bhe%2Bwas%2Ballergic%2Bto%2Ba%2Bfew%2Bthings,%2Bone%2Bbeing%2Bdairy.%2B%2BWhich%2Bcame%2Bas%2Ba%2Bbig%2Bshock%2Bbecause%2Bnoone%2Bin%2Bmine%2Bor%2Bmy%2Bhusbands%2Bfamily%2Bhave%2Ballergies.%2B%2BHas%2Byour%2Bchild%2Bhas%2Ballergy%2Btesting%253F
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments