Child Behavior Forum

Would redilin help my 5 year old?

I have a 5 year old son that has been diagnosed as developmentally delayed since he was 2.  Recently, I had a conference with his EC Kindergarten teacher and she says that he is very smart academically, but it's his focussing that is really holding him back.  My son is very hyper no matter where we are( grocery store, church, other people's homes) and we just don't know what else to do to keep him a little calmer.  If it wasn't for this he would be able to mainstream to a regular kindergarten class because he is just as smart as them, if not smarter.  Do you think putting him on some type of medication would help him to be a normal schooler.
If he truly displays Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder, and the condition is interfering with his successful management of his school responsibilities, medication such as Ritalin (or another psychostimulant medication) might well assist him. The key is for him to undergo a thorough evaluation and not rush into a plan for pharmacological treatment.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments