bowel problems in a 3 yr. old

My 3 yr. olr grandson is a very pickie eater with no veggies in his diet and very little fresh fruit. He has problems going to the bathroom to poop. I feel like its because of the way he eats. I was wondering if there is some kind of fiber you can get to put in his food and try to see if that helps him go a little easiler? He complains about his stomach hurting and say it hurts when he does go. We need something that will make his stools softer that we can give everyday and not harm him.

This discussion is related to 3 year old bowel movement .
Read more
Follow
Upvote - 0
I would ask the doctor and would definitly make sure he is getting vegetables at 3 yrs old he needs vegetables and fruit.
Miralax works great to soften the stool, you stir it into juice or whatever you want. It's over the counter now, available at drug stores or walmart & target. I think the container says to just use 2 weeks but I know doctors prescribe it for much longer at a time so if you are concerned just call his pediatrician to confirm how long is okay.
It wouldnt hurt to take a look at Jessica Seinfields cookbook called 'Deceptively Delicious' It will show you some ways to hide fruits and vegies in different foods. My kids love the brownies they have spinich leaves in them and I promise you cant even taste them, I think its great. Good Luck!!