Child Behavior Community

child not swallowing solid food

my 5 year old son has stopped eating solid foods.  he complains that it hurt to swallow and that his adam's apple hurts when he tries to swallow solid food.  He can drink and eat soft food like bread but says that spagetti is too hard and he can't swallow it.  He has been xrayed with no finds and has had a camera scope his throat, also with no abnormalities.  Do you have any suggestions as to what may be causing this?  He has not eaten solid food for about 3 to 4 weeks.  We are having him examined further with blood and bowel samples.
pop,  this is kind of a puzzle.  I tend to trust children when they say things about food and swallowing - but a child who can swallow bread can swallow spaghetti,  in my experience.  

I would go to the toddler foods jars in the grocery store and buy those for the next few weeks,  and see what happens.

Has anything happened in his life in the last few weeks - a strep infection,  a high fever,  a move,  a divorce,  etc.?