Child Behavior Forum

cytomegalavirus

i was exposed to chicken pox before i was pregnant,never got it, when i was pregnant i broke out in a bad rash. my obgyn told me i had the virus that carried chicken pox....if i remember correctly he referred to it as cmv and warned me a some complications that can occur to the unborn fetus. my daughter too
had it birth, but they did repeated blood work and said it had "gone down". from birth she never slept, still does not well,
screamed uncontrollably, was very easily irritated and frustrated
as of the last 5 years she has been diognosed with adhd and odd.
can there be a connection to this virus?
Dear Kim,

Yes, there can be a connection, but at this point the focus should be on treating her conditions. The treatment proceeds along the same routes whether the conditions were associated with CMV or not.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments