Child Behavior Forum

general

Thanks for your response re SID. Just curious to know how an occ therapist distinguishes between a child who has typical childhood fears as opposed to one who may have SID. I was reading a bit about this topic over the last day or so and I noted that amongst the most common childhood fears in children between 2 and 31/2 are loud noises such as police sirens and fairgrounds. Obviously many more besides. Interestingly yesterday the boy
No, the additonal symptoms needn't be present for the clinician to reach a decision re: diagnosis. It is not unusual for children who display SID to also display other neurointegrative (e.g., ADHD, learning disability) or emotional (e.g., anxiety disorder), so the diagnostic process must be undertaken thoroughly and cautiously.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments