Are my children allergic to milk products?

I have two children ages 21months and 5 years. I believe that they have an allergy to milk. It seems like everytime we give them some form of milk,ice cream, yogurt, it seems to make their nose run and cough. for example last night we gave our 21month old ice cream for a dessert after supper. Shes goes to bed at 7:30pm and by 10pm she was up coughing. She didnt have any ice cream the night before and was never up coughing.. Same  goes for our 5 year old give any type of milk before bed, 99% of the time she is up coughing.  i said  bedtime alot because thats usually only when the coughing happens, really kind of weird . Our 5 year old has chronic nasal problems and uses prescription nose spray.  So is it really an allergy or something else??
In some children dairy products cause increase of mucus inside of the lungs. Suggest either not giving dairy products before bed and if that does not work, then change to milk substitutions for calcium. The substitutes for dairy products are soymilk, rice milk, almond milk, soy cheese, soy yogurt, soy ice cream, and rice ice cream. Hoped that helped you.
Ok thank you. Just yesterday we went and bought soy milk, kids seem to like. We havent given it to them before bed, so that will be the real test.

You are reading content posted in the Child Nutrition Forum

Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments