Child Nutrition Forum

Baby not drinking milk.

I stopped my baby from breast milk since he was 4 months old as my production was less and i started working and had alot of work pressure.since then he has been on NAN1.But all these while, he never took the necessary quantiity of 200 ml per feed. he used to take 50 -90 ml every 3 hours and atmost very rarely 150 ml per feed. we started solids close to 6 months and gradually increased to 3 feeds per day. sometimes he takes solids and sometimes refuses but although he eats them slowly,he atleast finishes it. I give him 3 scoops cerelac rice in the morning with little bit of banana or apple( have not started other fruits), then rice,very little dal in the afternoon and again 2-3 scoops cerelac in the evening. in between milk feeds.Milk feeds have become very bad.He sometimes takes 50 atmost 90 ml that too after a long wait between every 20 ml or so. When he reached 6 months, we gave him NAN 2 but he didnt seems to like it and on doctor's suggestion, put him on NAN1.But nothing seems to be working and he is not taking milk atall during nights from 10 in the night to 6 in the morning. A very worrying factor as kids at this age need much much more milk. Pl suggest and advice.
His weight is on the 10th percentile for his age. As a guideline for a 6-8 month old child should eat the following: Breast-milk or Formula (6-8oz) 3-5 feedings a day. Starch 2 feedings a day – Infant Cereal (2-4 Tbsp), Crackers (2), and Fruits or Vegetables 1-2 feedings a day – (3-4 Tbsp). Suggest giving him yogurt, cottage cheese, and strained meat/chicken for calcium and protein to supplement the infant formula he is not taking in. Suggest giving him the infant formula in a ‘sippy’ cup and see if he will accept it in that manner. Hoped this helped you.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments