Child Nutrition Forum

Bottle during the night

My two year old boy is still drinking 4 botles of 125ml milk during the night at19:00 this is when he goes to bed and then at 22:00; 24:00 and at 03:00. this causes him to use up to 4 dypers a night.  if i don't stand up and give him milk or tea to drink he cries and sometime walks to my bed and gets in bed with me.  if i take him back he will come back again.  if i give him a litle bit of water to drink he cries that it's cold. He eats at 4 o'clock in the afternoon and then sometimes at 6 o'clok he will eat a little, sometimes nothing.  This is very difficult for me because i want to start potty training as well. i realy do not know what to do with him. could you please give me some advise.
His weight is between the 25th-10th percentile for his age. As a guideline for a 24 month old child should eat daily the following: Dairy 4 feedings a day – Milk (4oz), cheese (½ oz), yogurt (½ cup), or cottage cheese (¼ cup). Starch 4 feedings a day – Cereal (¼ cup), pasta (¼ cup), rice (¼ cup), bread (½ slice), or crackers (2). Fruits & Vegetables 4 feedings a day – Fruits (including 100% juice limited to only 4-6ozs) & Vegetables (¼ cup). Protein source 2 feedings a day – Meat or fish (1oz), egg (1), or beans (¼ cup). He should eat 3 meals and have snacks between meals using the foods above to be spread out throughout the day. Suggest giving him a late dinner and a snack before bed so hopefully he may not drink so much at night and you can start to wean him off the bottle at night.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments