Aa
A
A
A
Close
Child Nutrition Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Milk

One month back I discovered that I am pregnant, my child was 1 year old, so my doctor recommended that I should stop breastfeading her at once.
I managed to stop this week, but I was told that I should give her a big amount of milk,
Kinldy advise the dosage that I should I be giving her on daily basis, and please be kind to recommend a brand of milk well know and trusted for growing kids (NAN3 was recommended by my friend but I can't trust such advise unless it is recommended by a doctor)

Appreciate your advice

Thanks,
1 Responses
267079 tn?1195146570
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
Your daughter's weight is in about the 75th percentile for her age, and height is about  in the 25th percentile for her age. At 1 year old a child should be served no more than 24 ounces of milk a day. Since she was on breast milk, suggest she go on Pedisure for 6 months and if she is growing steady then change to regular milk.
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments