Child Nutrition Forum

My daughter has a big tummy

My husband and I are thin, our daughter is in her average height and weight for her age, she is healthy but her tummy is extremely big compare to the rest of her body, her tummy very stick out like a beer belly, the measurement of her tummy is same as my waist measurement 24 inches, I don't think this is normal, her tummy seems like getting bigger and bigger week by week, but she doesn't seem to get taller, is it something wrong with her? What should I do?
Her weight is just below the 50th percentile and her height is above the 10th percentile for her age. Suggest increasing her physical activities (dance, play, and sports) to help tone up her body but not lose weight. If you are still concerned, have a Doctor check her.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments