Child Nutrition Forum

advise for weight gain

My baby was born in 32 weeks and that time his weight was only 895 gm still his weight is 6.5 kg his other activities are like good but according to doctor he is still underweight from his age,we have take lots of care for his diet.Therefore we are very much worried for his health .Kindly advise me the care and diet chart that I shold take for him.
For his age his weight and height are below ‘normal’, however, he was born premature and still needs to 'catch' up. As a guideline for a 15-24 month old child should eat the following: Dairy 4 feedings a day – Milk (4oz), cheese (½ oz), yogurt (½ cup), or cottage cheese (¼ cup). Starch 4 feedings a day – Cereal (¼ cup), pasta (¼ cup), rice (¼ cup), bread (½ slice), or crackers (2). Fruits & Vegetables 4 feedings a day – Fruits (including 100% juice limited to only 4-6ozs) & Vegetables (¼ cup). Protein source 2 feedings a day – Meat or fish (1oz), egg (1), or beans (¼ cup). He should eat 3 meals and have snacks between meals using the foods above to be spread out throughout the day. At his age he can start with finger foods and he can feed himself with his fingers. Hoped this helped you.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments