Child Nutrition Forum

afraid of food and small for his age

Please help, my son is 12 years old and he is small in statue.  We can't get him to eat vegetables or try different foods.  We don't know what to do .  How do we get him over being afraid of foods.  He is already small for his age and I just want him to eat the right things and be healthy.  What can I do?
His weight is just above the 5th percentile and his height is on the 10th percentile for his age. His is within the growth chart which indicates he is normal for his age. He is going into puberty and will be growing.  Males can grow until the early 20's. Genetics plays a part in stature. Are the males in the family on the smaller side? If you are concerned about his weight, then give him milkshakes (milk and ice cream blended) or Carnation Instant breakfast (as a nutrient dense drink not as a meal) couple times a day for additional calories.
Thanks so much for the information.  You have made me feel so much better.  I will start making him milkshakes .  
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments