Child Nutrition Forum

how to gain weight

I am Raja Sekhar Chintapalli, My sons name is Stephen Jonathan , he is 9 months old. I have seen that ideal weight of a baby boy at 9 months old is 8.9 kgs but my son is 7.3 kgs only.  What shoud we do  for his increate in weight.

Thanks in advance.
There is no ideal weight for infants and children; however, instead the weight and height are based on ranges as per age and where the weight/height relates by percentiles. His weight is just below the 5th percentile for his age. Guideline for a 9-12 month old child should eat the following: Formula (6-8oz) 3-5 feedings a day, Dairy 1 serving a day – cheese (1/2 oz) or yogurt (1/2 cup). Starch 2 feedings a day – Infant Cereal (2-4 Tbsp), bread (1/2 slice), crackers (2), or pasta (3-4 Tbsp). Fruits or Vegetables 1-2 feedings a day – (3-4 Tbsp). Meat 2 feedings a day – 3-4 Tbsp) or beans (1/4 cup). This food should be feed 3 meals a day with snacks between the meals and at his age he can start with finger foods and he can feed himself with him fingers. Hoped this helped you.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments