Child Nutrition Forum

not eating

my daughter is not eating properly lately and has been very very tired. It seems to be getting worse. I have also noticed around the same time that she is biting her nails till they bleed. I have tried everything for this. She has asthma and is on an inhaler and singular and I am worried that may be this could be making her sick!. She has big bags under her eyes and is pale. Also I am worried about some behaviour disorder since her 10-year-old brother has ADHD and anxiety!

Should I let the eating thing go and just try and get what we can. I thought that she was just being 4 and stubborn but with her health issues I am worried that this could be more serious if I try and wait her out!
From your measurements, her weight is ~50th percentile for her age. Here are some more tips for additional calories: If she likes pasta, then add cheese sauces to the pasta instead of plain tomato sauce or plain pasta. Add cheese to vegetables, if she eats them. Add dry milk to oatmeal, mashed potatoes, gravies, creamed vegetables, and creamed soups (add additional protein sources to soups such as meat). Add beans to rice instead plain rice for additional protein. Suggest giving Pediasure in place of milk at all meals and adding ice cream to make milkshakes for extra calories and protein. So if she is not eating the food then she will have the Pediasure milkshakes to give her the needed calories and protein for her to gain weight and grow. Hoped this helped you.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments