Child Nutrition Forum

underweight-reply answer

Thanks alot for your concern doctor. u asked me about my child born. he was born after his due date .and the problem is that he is used to of breastfeed untill yet and comepltly dont want to drink milk. i give to him in different form of milk products but i m not see any progress in his health and weight so doctor please tell me what should i do for that and how i stop breastfeeding from my child because whenever i try to stop him he cryied too much and shout alot..please tell me the diffrerent methods for stopping breastfeed.

i m really thankful to u
I recommend to transition from breast milk to Pedisure (high dense nutrient drink for extra calories and protein to help gain weight) is to mix the two. Start with ¾ breast milk and ¼ Pedisure, go to half and half, then ¼ breast milk and ¾ Pedisure, and finally to all Pedisure. You can do each mix every 3-4 days as long as he is accepting the mixture. He will get used to the Pedisure taste gradually. Once he is drinking Pedisure and accepting it, do not reintroduce breast milk at all. Suggest trying other dairy sources, such as yogurt and cheese, in place of milk.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments