Child Nutrition Forum

weight gain

my baby goes off to sleep during his feed... i do not think he is feeding enough... because my breasts feel heavy even after he has fed... he has more than ten wet diapers in a 24 hour period... but looks lean... is he underweight for his age? he is two and a half months old...
Both his weight and height are on the 10th percentile for his age which indicates his is in the normal range on the Growth chart. What is important with Growth Charts is that the infant grows at a steady pace over time. If he falls asleep while eating, suggest changing his diaper (which will wake him up) or just wake him up by moving him and then put him back on your breast to feed awhile longer.
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments