Children - Special Needs Community
735 Members
Avatar universal

10 year old boy swallowed a piece of magnet

My 10 year old brother swallowed a piece of magnet......he cant feel any chokking or something or anything......but m so worried please suggest me what to do as soon as possible
1 Responses
134578 tn?1517087675
Call your doctor for advice.  Is it a rounded magnet or does it have square edges?  If it is rounded and he doesn't eat any other magnets (this part is very important, because you don't want him to have two magnets trying to find each other through his intestinal walls), it might simply pass through.  But a doctor should be called.
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments