6 Month old with developemental delays

My 6 month old is not meeting her milestones: Will not reach or grab for toys,  not rolling over, will not eat baby food(pushes it out with her tongue), hates tummy time and will not do mini push-ups, etc. She just started early intervention, and has made a lot of progress in the past month. She is a very happy baby, laughs, and gets very excited when she's about to get picked up. At her 6 month check up, the pedi was concerned and wants her to see a neurologist. I had a perfect pregnancy and delivery. There are no genetic disorders in my or my husbands family. What could possibly be wrong?!
Hi, I have nine kids. Watch closely, give lots of stimuli, but don't worry too much. These data, when should a child do what are nor rules. Kids often don't follow them. Some never crawl. It should be able to turn itself at this age, this worries me a little. Try to see a children neurologist, if this doesn't come within a month. I have daughter with a hemiparesis and she couldn't turn herself, but she had lots of other symptoms. Hope this helps Sabine
Sabine, thank you so much. She is currently in early intervention and we have seen a neurologist. She is now rolling over (front to back), sitting supported (unsupported for a short amount of time), and making progress! Still not much progress with hands though. I appreciate you taking the time to respond.

You are reading content posted in the Children - Special Needs Community

Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments