Children - Special Needs Community
741 Members
Avatar universal

who tests for autism?

If you have concerns who tests and can diagnose? my son does have a appointment to see neurologist but should he see psych MD too? Would think neuro MD does a lot of medical aspect.
can't get into neuro till Jan. but wonder if need other consults while waiting.

Also,live in South Eastern Massachusetts..anyone know of good MD in area (Boston)
3 Responses
Avatar universal
A developmental pediatrician is usually the ideal person to see.  They are a rare breed though.  We had our eval done at Children's in Boston.  The wait was over 9 months.  
Avatar universal
Development Specialist
Development Psychologist
Developmental Pediatrician
University in your area-those can be excellent
DAN (Destroy Autism Now) Doctor in you area there are about 600 in the country
although long waiting list and very expensive-not positive they can evaluate and diagnosis...but they are about fixing and reversing autism..if you do get a diagnosis might want to consider contacting one
Good luck
Avatar universal
Im sorry and also the state....Department of Developmental Disabilities..there are birth to 3 programs in most states
Have an Answer?
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Fearing autism, many parents aren't vaccinating their kids. Can doctors reverse this dangerous trend?
Is a gluten-free diet right for you?
We answer your top questions about the flu vaccine.
Learn which over-the-counter medicines are safe for you and your baby
Yummy eats that will keep your child healthy and happy
Healing home remedies for common ailments