Children's Allergies Community
451 Members

Allergies

My 3 year old has seasonal allergies and eczema. We recently got a dog. A few days later I had to rush him to the hospital cause he was having a hard time breathing. They said he had croup. My question is could he have gotten sick from the dog being here. Should I get rid of the dog.
has your child ever been allergy tested to see what allergic to?
My daughter has asthma and we have a CAT believe it or not. She does fine around cat but the cat is not around her all the time and the cat has never triggered an asthma attack.
So I would find out first what your child is allergic to first But if she is allergic to Dog then yes it will peobably be necessary to find dog another home.
Good Luck and please let me know what happens :)
No my son has not been tested to see what he's allergic to. I still have to make an appointment for that. I will keep u posted. I hope we don't have to get rid of the dog. He doesn't seem to be having any symptoms around her.
Your baby might not be allergic to dog (fingers crossed) we have cat and my daughter has asthma also and she does fine   Good Luck :)))
Find out what causes asthma, and how to take control of your symptoms.
Find out if your city is a top "allergy capital."
Find out which foods you should watch out for.
If you’re one of the 35 million Americans who suffer from hay fever, read on for what plants are to blame, where to find them and how to get relief.
Allergist Dr. Lily Pien answers Medhelp users' most pressing allergy-related questions
When you start sniffling and sneezing, you know spring has sprung. Check out these four natural remedies to nix spring allergies.