Aa
A
A
Close

Cannot understand the cause of allergy

My 4 year old is sneezing and coughing a lot during his sleep. His is okay when he is playing around but when he sleeps at night he is having issues. The first doctor we took him to suggested us to change the mattress and check if there is any  difference. We bought a a bamboo mattress for him ( http://www.surplusfurniture.com/en/moncton/mattresses/health-protectors/bamboo-mattress-health-protector/ ) but there wasn't any difference. Looks like it's not dust allergy. So we are planning to visit the doctor again tomorrow. I am really tensed about this, what can be the other causes for this continuous coughing and sneezing?
Cancel
1 Answers
Page 1 of 1
Hi -

Have you changed his pillow? I have to change my pillow every 4-6 months, or the dust that builds up gives me bad headaches, watery eyes and congestion. I buy hypo-allergenic pillows (which are just a few dollars more than the regular ones), and allergy covers for them (which can be washed).

Don't forget to wash any stuffed animals regularly, too, as well as change the filters in the air conditioner and dust his room.

Allergy testing is a good idea, too.

I hope he feels better!
Comment
Cancel
Comment
Comment
Comment
Comment
Post Comment
Your Answer
Answer
Do you know how to answer? Tap here to leave your answer...
Answer
Answer
Post Answer
A
A
Looking for a Doctor?
Shop for health care like an expert. Find the best doctors based on reviews from patients like you.
Children's Allergies Community Resources