Aa
A
A
A
Close
Chiropractic Care Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.

Chiropractor and Facet Joint

Hi

I saw a chiropractor in the middle of July. I was exercising frequently and at a very high intensity. Both of my legs were extremely tight, quads, calves, everything. That is what brought me to the chiropractor.

After a pretty rough adjustment, I woke up in the middle of the night with intense pain in my buttock/hip area. I tried massages and I have gone for 3 trigger point injections in the area. It has been 6 months and the pain is constant, everyday and sometimes unbearable.

MRI's on lumbar spine and left hip are negative. My pain doc is now recommending a facet joint injection. I have no history of trauma or injury anywhere on my body. I am 27 years old so its not like I have osteoarthritis.

I am wondering if it is possible for the chiropractor could have damaged a facet joint? I was not in pain when I left and the adjustment was not extremely rough, just a little more rough than I am used to. I feel like it could be piriformis syndrome or a facet issue.

Could the chiropractor havve permanently damaged my facet joint?

Thanks
1 Responses
514494 tn?1376514748
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
It's incredibly unlikely.

I'd suggest visiting a different chiropractor with a less physical technique. There are a variety of instrument-based adjusting methods, as well as "low force" techniques that do not stress the spine the way manual manipulation can.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.