Chiropractic Care Forum

Chiropractor fixed my back - but now I'm having neck pain.

I went to see a chiropractor for the first time in my life yesterday because of some tendinitis in my arm. He adjusted my back and neck and I felt absolutely wonderful afterwards. Best sleep of my life. However, this morning as I was waking up something happened with my neck (or maybe while I was sleeping) and now I can't turn it to the right anymore and my whole head is slightly tilted. It is painful.

Is this typical? The pain came on very suddenly when I woke up and I've never had neck problems before in my life. I'm hoping it's just a symptom of the adjustment, or that he the chiropractor can at least fix it during my follow up.

Thanks.
You most likely slept in an incorrect or imbalanced position, and your neck muscles aren't happy about it... I wouldn't relate it to the adjustment. But definitely mention this to your chiropractor, and ask him to discuss optimum sleep positions (as well as pillows, bed types, etc) with you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
For people with Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), the COVID-19 pandemic can be particularly challenging.