Aa
A
A
A
Close
Chiropractic Care Forum
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
288415 tn?1231634102

Knee Pain -Meniscus or chondromalacia

Probably Meniscus or chondromalacia patella
by SimplyMe2007, 1 minute ago
Tags: knee pain, knee, Chiropractor, meniscus, Meniscus tears, chondromalacia, Chondromalacia patella, surgery, orthopadic
I think this injury began at work, under a cublicle, while hooking up a computer.  I felt what was discomfort in my knee but ingnored it as it was a busy crazy day.  About a week later,  my knee really gave out on me.

Sidenote:  (I have for years been dealing  with plantar fascitis that has come and gone-I have flatter than flat flat feet)

I think I just posted this to the wrong forum but anyhow.....

I went to the ER and the DR thought it was a probable tear and told me to see an ortho DR.  Ortho DR took complete sets of Knee xrays and said bones were fine and it was probable meniscus or chondromalacia.  Was going on vacation and he gave me cortisone shot and crutches.  

A little after a month, shot wore off.  Having pain continually to the point of tears.  Taking aleve and tylenol.  Mornings are ok till I walk about 200 steps, then pain sets in and gradually gets worse all day.  I ice when I can, daily.  

In morning, I can do stairs (up) slowly but in the normal fashion.  I am 49, very overweight but working on it, female, with a youth history or waterskiiing, tennis, snowskiing. Getting up and down is an extreme issue lately.

I will most probably lose my job if I am out for surgery. Can Chiropractics help?  Any suggestions appreciated. I need my job but I have lost my mobility.
1 Responses
514494 tn?1376514748
MEDICAL PROFESSIONAL
I would find a PT or chiropractic office that specialized in rehab. A number of things can be done rehab-wise that may help reduce your discomfort.
Didn't find the answer you were looking for?
Ask a question
Popular Resources
Find out if PRP therapy right for you.
Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
A list of national and international resources and hotlines to help connect you to needed health and medical services.