Left side neck pain when extending arm

My neck has been bothering me for about 3 months now.  I've been in physical therapy for about 6 weeks and it is helping a little. Lately though, the pain is different. Generally I have been having pain in the back of my neck, upper back, and down both arms, which I still have. Starting about 4 days ago though, the pain is in the left side of my neck right above my collar bone. I get sharp pains in this spot whenever I extend my left arm. There has also been some pain off and on on the inside of my arm where my forearm meets my bicep. It's been really painful and has made it difficult to sleep. What could be causeing this?

One other question, can neck related problems cause chest pain and breathing difficulty? I've been experiencing that as well. I've had my heart completely checked out, so at least that's been ruled out.
Sort by: Helpful Oldest Newest
There may be an Upper Cervical issue that's contributing to your problem. Here's a list of UpC docs in Oregon - http://bit.ly/1Ija5. It wouldn't be a bad idea to receive an exam/consult so that the doctor can get a more accurate idea about what's going on.

Helpful - 0
I'd also like to mention that I have a lot of tightness in my jaw and back of my head.
Helpful - 0

You are reading content posted in the Chiropractic Care Forum

Tips for preventing one of the most common types of knee injury.
Tips and moves to ease backaches
How to bounce back fast from an ankle sprain - and stay pain free.
Patellofemoral pain and what to do about it.
Herpes sores blister, then burst, scab and heal.